Thursday, July 13, 2006

A perfect barbecue

What do you need for a perfect barbecue? Usually, a couple of steaks,
some beer, and a handful of very good friends will do.

Now, if I would ask our German chancellor, the answer would be slightly
different: For a perfect barbecue, you need a wild boar, 30 secret
service agents, 15.000 German policemen, some battleships, a few
helicopters, 5 welders (to seal the manhole covers in the area), 20 well
trained dogs (looking for bombs), 1.000 carefully chosen German citizens
who applaud for Bush when he appears, and countless roadblocks to hold
back the more than 5000 Germans who want to protest against Bush and his
politics.

How much money do you have to spend on a perfect barbecue? Usually, $100
will be more than enough.

Our chancellor just spent 30.000.000 Euros today. That's $38.220.300.

If that isn't a great way to waste our taxes, I don't know what is....

On Sunday, before going to my dad's place for the weekly barbecue, I'm
gonna call my dad and ask him to seal the manhole cover right in front
of his house... I want to know how it feels to be President of the
United States of America at least once.

No comments: