Sunday, July 09, 2006

It's only soccer...

Oh well... every good thing must come to an end sooner or later... and one of the best things this year has come to an end today: The FIFA World Cup is over.

Before I continue: CONGRATULATIONS, ITALY !!! And Zizou, you're still one of the greatest soccer players of all times, no matter what happened today!

It was an outstanding tournament, and I don't think I ever have experienced more passion, joy, excitement and happiness here in Germany than during these past 4 weeks.

It truly was amazing... and now that it's over, I feel a certain kind of emptiness. What will I do tomorrow, when there won't be any more matches to watch with my friends or family? What will the Germans do now, with the biggest party ever being over? Will they continue to live as happy as they did during the world cup, or will they be all depressed and reserved again?

I don't know... after all, it was only soccer... but in a way, it was so much more, especially for my country and the people living here.

No comments: