Sunday, July 09, 2006

Into the great white open...

Blogs are cool. Every geek has one. And when I started this blog here, I was totally happy that I, too, was part of that big online family of bloggers.

Well, to tell you the truth, this enthusiasm has vanished to a certain degree... it's like with everything you do: When you don't get any feedback, it doesn't make sense.

Unfortunately, blogger.com doesn't seem to give you the chance to see the traffic on your blog, or to find out how many people have come to your blog. If blogger.com does offer such a feature, I haven't found it yet.

Ok, the fact that I haven't received any comments on my posts yet doesn't necessarily mean they haven't been read.... but not to know whether or not other people read what I'm writing here, makes me feel kind of sad.

It might be a phase, I don't know... but at this particular moment, I'm not feeling like posting here. I mean, what's the point of writing stuff without anybody reading it?

Well, this blog is still pretty new, and it might take a while for people to find out about it, since there are so many blogs out there... I guess I'll just wait a few more weeks before deciding whether to stop my blogging experiment or not.

1 comment:

David Westbay said...

Hey Carsten, I just found your blog through your comment on Wil's blog. I know what you mean about not getting comments and not knowing whether it's worth it to write anything. I have received a few comments on my blogs, and that does make me feel better. But sometimes I just feel the need to write and get something off my chest, whether anyone else reads it or not. Only you know if the time you spend posting stuff on your blog is worthwhile. I'll try to stop by and check yours out now and then; feel free to take a look at mine whenever the mood strikes. See you in a WWdN tourney soon!

Dave Westbay
http://yestbay.blogspot.com
http://yestbay1poker.blogspot.com