Saturday, June 17, 2006

Destination Germany

I think it's about time to talk about the biggest event in Germany EVER: The FIFA World Cup!

Wow... I mean, WOW!!! Haven't we seen great games so far? I'm totally watching every single game, and I am so fascinated by this whole event. Best team so far? Argentina! Ok, they didn't have much of an opponent in their last game, but boy did they play good. Let's find out how good they really are when they play against the Dutch team next week.

Brasil, in their first game, was really disappointing in my honest opinion. They scored one goal, and that was it. No more soccer, no more fun, just playing on a minimum level. Boooh...

I really enjoyed Italy vs. USA today. What a game... if Team USA would have played like that when they played against the Czech, they wouldn't have lost 3:0. And did you see Ghana today? Impressive, really.

Well, I don't want to say much about my own team (Germany), since you all know that they will be the next world champion, anyway... the question is not whether or not they will win, the question is how high they will win. :)

I can't wait for tomorrow, when Brasil will be playing again... hopefully, they'll play a little better than last time. After all, all the people, who spent tons of money to get a ticket, want to see something entertaining for their money.

It's so cool to have the world cup over here, watching three games per day on TV... actually, I'm a little afraid of what I will do with my time when the world cup is over.

You know what? What I might do then is step outside for a moment, and take a deep breath of fresh summer air.

No comments: