Saturday, October 06, 2007

Escape through time

I finally did it. I'm writing on a story. At this point of the project, I am not so sure yet whether it's going to be some sort of short story or something longer... it's an experiment, to find out whether what I write is interesting enough for others to read or not.

The story is sort of science fiction mixed with mystery and some elements of a detective story à la Sherlock Holmes. The main characters are a scientist who has to escape from a despotic, 1984-style government, Robert Foster by name.Then we have two members of the GlobalPolice representing the government, Lark Dammion and Merrin Lonestar. Then the obligatory young and beautiful woman (Sirah) and some other folks I need to get the story from the beginning to the end, like Cadogan Crest and Alveran Redwood, just to name two.

Location of the main story is London at the end of the 19th century... but some parts take place in the year 2099. I write it in German, of course... it's easier than to write it in English. So far, I have written 60 pages or so... and it's fun.

Hell yeah, it is...

No comments: